Roof Upgrades that MatterWhen it comes time for you to re-roof, check out these in-home technological advances and upgrades that can enhance the heating, cooling, and general feel of your home. For instance, solar panels are one form of alternative energy gaining popularity with homeowners, and the good news is that they’re becoming increasingly affordable and easier to install. If you’re not quite ready to go all-in on solar just yet, there are a few other roofing upgrades you might want to consider that can save you money down the road.
1. Solar PanelsSolar panels reduce your electric bill and make your home greener. Solar panels convert sunlight into energy, so they’re not only an efficient way to power your home but also help protect the environment in the process. Solar panels can be a little expensive up front, but they pay for themselves in just a few years when you do the math on how much money you save each month on electricity bills. Installing solar panels is an investment that keeps paying off for decades to come. If you’re thinking about getting new roofing material soon, consider solar panel installation.
2. Extra InsulationAdding insulation is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency. Insulation is especially important when replacing an older roof on a house that might not have been built with modern insulation standards in mind. Not only will additional insulation lower heating and cooling costs, but it can also reduce noise from outside.
3. A Wider RoofBuilding a wider roof can help your home weather the storm in areas where heavy snow accumulates. If it’s possible to replace only part of the roof rather than the whole thing, consider keeping one side of the roof at its current size and adding more space on top if you have room for another layer.
4. Vinyl SidingIf you are replacing the roof on your home and considering changing the exterior of your house, you might want to consider switching out the old siding for new vinyl panels. Not only is it one of the most affordable ways to update your home’s look, but it’s also an excellent way to keep air and moisture from penetrating through the walls.
5. Roofing MaterialsThe material you choose for your roof can significantly impact the look and feel of your home. Asphalt shingles are still the most popular type of roofing material, but there are a variety of other materials to choose from, including wood, slate, and metal. Talk to your contractor to determine which material is suitable for you and your home.
Be Proactive not ReactiveRoofing is an investment that lasts for decades, but when it’s time for a new roof, please consider these options. The enhancements save money on heating and cooling bills while also providing peace from outside noise pollution or water scarcity issues with your home’s exterior appearance!
Hire a Professional Roofing CompanyThese are just a few ideas to get you started, but there are many more out there. Before you start any projects, be sure to consult with a contractor to learn all the options available! TruBlue Roofing’s team of roofing experts can inspect your roof and offer suggestions for possible upgrades if you’re in the market for a new roof. We’ve been servicing the Raleigh area and outlying Piedmont area for decades. Please contact us at (919) 589-7290. Want to learn more about new roofs? Check out these related blog articles:
- Metal Roofing Vs. Shingles – Trublue Roofing
- Building Permits for Roofing Projects – Trublue Roofing
- How to Choose the Best Shingles for your Roof – Trublue Roofing
Get A Free Quote For Roof Repair, Inspections or Replacement
TruBlue Roofing is happy to provide a free quote for your roofing job. We are experts at repair, inspections and replacement. Simply fill out the form below and one of our expert roofers will be in touch within 1 business day.